Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weaned my son, so I'm hoping this is the month!

So this month our timing was excellent.  Exactly three days prior to ovulation...perfect girl conceiving territory.  I know I could have tried a little closer to ovulation (48 hours before is the cutoff) but I didn't want to be too close to the deadline.  Besides, my system hasn't been working like normal.  Normally My ovulation and period come like clockwork, but between the morning after pill I took a few months ago and weaning my son, my poor reproductive organs are confused and predicting my ovulation hasn't been as easy as in the past.

Yep, that's right, I weaned my baby.  He nursed one last time in Phoenix before we left for Christmas vacation with my in-laws.  Of course, I didn't know at the time that it would be his last nursing.  Most likely I would have been sentimental about it and cried, if I had.  As it is, I still feel bad about it.  Ever since I've weaned him, he's been telling me that he's scared of everything from his stuffed animals to his mobile.  My husband and mother-in-law think it's the movies he's been watching, but I think that taking that nightly comfort and bonding has had an effect on him.  I try to cuddle and comfort him more tan normal to make up for it, but I'm not sure that it's the same.  Oh well.  I'm just glad he didn't cry and ask for it a lot.  I totally would have given in and just weaned him later in that case.  I freely admit that I was only ready to wean him if he was ready and it wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm still making milk, though.  It's weird.  I thought I'd dry up after a couple of days, but nope!  My jugs are still holding some milk.  I'm not making any effort to staunch lactation, though.  Binding my breasts and using cabbage leaves has been suggested, but I'm not experiencing any discomfort, so I'll just let it go away on its own.

In the meantime, I'm sure that weaning my little man will help with the baby-making process.  Here's hoping for our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment